Friday, March 14, 2008

Wrapping It Up...

So let’s have the week in review:

  • The governor of New York resigned. He got caught with a high-priced callgirl in the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. Didn’t we already live the Mayflower Madam scandal in the 80s? Whatever happened to Sydney Biddles Barrow, anyway?
  • Britney’s guesting on a sitcom called How I Met Your Mother. Do we really care? Okay, I kind of do. But, I don’t think I care enough to actually watch.
  • Sort of out of desperation (thanks again for striking, Writers), I have been watching Lipstick Jungle. It is kind of nice to see Brooke Shields and Andrew McCarthy both on tv. It’s very Endless Love meets Pretty in Pink. Whatever happened to Molly Ringwald, by the way? I guess 36 candles weren’t as kind to her career.
  • The art work we purchased in New York was finally delivered yesterday. I will try to post a pic at some point. In the meantime, I say check out the stuff at the Opera Gallery. They have great stuff and are super nice. That almost sounded like it should have been written in a high school yearbook.
  • The chairs that are replacing the other perfectly good chairs are being delivered tomorrow. We have spent the week without chairs in the living room…just the sofa and the “art chair” we got in NYC. You take the furniture out and leave the art on the walls, your living room does kind of look like a gallery.
  • And, we finally got half our order from the (is it rude to say not-so-fine?) folks at the Talavera pottery place in Mexico. Yeah, I am still mad enough that I cannot blog about it yet. But, the big urn arrived. That was the main piece I was worried about.

For the most part, the week has been either building boring reports at work or waiting for deliveries. Now, the weekend is upon us. Why did it wait so long? Is it me or was this an incredibly long week? Can you tell I really don’t have much to blog about? I guess that’s it.

No comments: