Monday, March 31, 2008

The Weekend Update

Well, she is Mrs. Zilla now. Zilla and Groom had a lovely wedding. They had a lovely reception. And, now they are having what I hope is a lovely honeymoon. Additionally, in spite of her Zilla-ness, I think all friendships remain in tact.

So, I might have gained a little weight. I am not sure how. It could not possibly be the fact that I have been eating like a pig. However, I can report the following.

Yesterday, I wore shorts. It was a beautiful day. We were going to the Bayou City Arts Festival and to a lecture/demonstration by a couple of glass artists. I had not worn the aforementioned shorts since the end of last summer. (In Houston, that was about last Thanksgiving.)

All was well. I was mostly comfortable. However, a slight problem occurred.

I used the restroom at home between the festival and the demonstration. I flushed the toilet. It's flushing. I am buttoning my shorts. The button (evidently due to the enormous strain it had been under) literally flew off the shorts and down that gushing flush. Gone. Never to be seen again. Not that I would want it.

Anyway, I was not happy about this development. But, c'est la vie or que serra or whatever it is you say in these circumstances. I guess I will find another button, sew it on, and hope for better results. In the meantime, I was completely dependent on my belt to hold up my bottoms yesterday. I guess I could diet. But why?

No comments: