Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm With Beyonce

Yep, those are words I never thought I would say. But, remember back about a month ago when that Destiny's Child baby diva introduced TinaTurner at the Grammy's with, "All hail, the Queen!" Everyone went wild. Tina came out and gave a great performance. And Aretha Franklin sat in the front row all bent out of shape because she thought she was the Queen because she is known as the "Queen of Soul." At the time, I thought it was Re-re's sour grapes.

Well now, I have a few sour grapes of my own. Earlier in the year, I had expressed my delight that Shlomo and I would be seeing Ms. Franklin in April...from the fifth row, no less. Word came yesterday, that the self-proclaimed "Only Queen" has cancelled.

Therefore, I now go with Beyonce. I saw Tina years ago. She did not cancel. Hers was the first cd I ever bought (Aretha was second). Therefore, I too say, "All hail, the Queen!"


1 comment:

Tally said...

I've never seen either except on tv, but I still prefer Re-Re's vocals. Performance-wise though, it'd have to be Tina. Plus I feel bad for her ever since I saw that movie with Angela Bassett and Larry Fishburne.