Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Wow, I Really Am Dull

Well, it’s official. I am completely dull. I have nothing to blog about.

I could tell you about dinner with Zilla and her fiancé on Sunday night. They were sweet. We gave them a Jonathan Adler pot for their wedding present. I think they liked it. They claimed to. Ooh, fun game: which one is the Asian couple? One couple at our table at the Thai restaurant ordered cashew chicken, beef and broccoli, and combination fried rice. The other ordered basil duck, pahd thai noodles with chicken, and cheese rolls. Correct guessers win the satisfaction of guessing correctly.

I could also mention how Zilla chastised me saying that the peridot cufflinks I was planning to wear on Monday were not green enough for St. Patrick’s Day (I don’t really have green clothes). I wore a different pair that had a true green stripe. Zilla wore lavender. Zilla got pinched. Ha ha, Stupid.

I could also tell you how our chairs were delivered on Saturday morning and how we continued our out of control, art-buying spree by adding this and this to our collection. But really, who cares?

It would probably be rude to tell you about going to our friend Holierthan?'s house to learn to make Hamantashen on Sunday. Hamantashen are a traditional triangular shaped cookie served around the Jewish holiday of Purim. She was showing me how to make them. She asked Shlomo if he wanted to make some. I pointed out that he is really not allowed to do that type of thing. He finally insisted on making some. His two were the only rhombus-shaped Hamantashen on the baking sheet. It's okay Sweetie, I am pretty sure they tasted as good as the rest.

I probably should not tell you that my dear Mumsy called last night to tell me she had spotted some china in a catalog that she thought I needed. I am now in what I hope is the end of an only-two-day scavenger hunt at every Macy’s across the city to get enough place settings for a dinner party we are having on Friday night. But really, I think these say we are sophisticated with only a slight obsession with Asian culture.




(FYI: Chopsticks will not be used at the aforementioned dinner party. I cannot even imagine how you would eat a Cornish game hen with those! Okay, maybe Shlomo will be forced to eat only with them. That could be funny.)

I could blog about how Heather Mills McCartney wound up with only a $47.8 million leg to stand on, but evidently was still upset and felt the need to dump water over the head of Paul McCartney’s lawyer. But, I am not sure if I care. I think Paul learned a very valuable (and expensive) lesson and hopefully her 15 minutes of fame are up.

I could also mention that Halle Berry named her daughter Nahla. I assume that is after her favorite character in the Lion King. Can you feel the love tonight?


But, I guess I will end with mentioning that last night I saw one of my favorite episodes of Friends in the syndicated repeats. It’s the one where Rachel discovers Phoebe working in one of the massage chains. I love that episode. Lisa Kudrow rocks.

1 comment:

Tally said...

You sound depressed. Don't worry. It's a natural lull after your recent traveling/shopping extravaganza. Every high has a low. Don't beat yourself up! If you're REALLY bored, you can call me and I'll talk your ear off....