Tuesday, June 2, 2009

School’s In…for Summer

So…summer school starts tonight. For the next several weeks, I will be focused on American Art. Then, I will spend a few weeks devoted to Politics of the Third World. You might be thinking, "Wow! Anshel has had a really nice break between the spring semester and summer school." Well, there is a reason for that. Summer classes were supposed to start last week. My professor somehow got confused. She thought classes were supposed to start this week. She did not show up. For reals.

I was not that surprised. I had her for a class last semester. During that time, she managed to lose the entire class's papers. I am not saying she is an idiot. I would never say that about a professor. I will leave you to draw your own conclusion.

In the meantime, I have enjoyed the extra break. It was kind of nice to have a break that was unplanned, so I did not plan anything to fill it. As witnessed by our trips, Shlomo and I really do not know how to take it easy. We cram six Broadway shows into four days in New York. We go to Chicago for a weekend and see a play, a concert, fourteen galleries, a couple of museums, among other things. I think you get the picture: relaxation is not something we do well. Go. Go. Go. So, the break was nice.

I will try to do better with the posting this summer. I know I have kind of taken a bit of a break as late. What can I say? After writing my papers for class, I needed a break. But, I will try to do better. That is…until Third World Politics starts kicking my bootay!

 

No comments: